Bachelorarbeiten bei PD Dr. Worek in 2020
Lorentz Invariant Phase-Space Integrals & Deep Learning
The goal of this bachelor thesis:
- Generate Monte Carlo points in some phase space of final-state momenta
- Calculate d = 3n - 4 phase-space integral via Monte Carlo (MC) methods
- Apply results to the real-life calculation (QED)
The student will learn:
- How to efficiently calculate dLips of momenta of the final state particles
- Basics of Monte Carlo methods
- How to reduce a variance of the integrand with e.g. stratified sampling technique, importance sampling techniques, etc.
- How to use deep learning methods to optimise the numerical integration
- How to use public MC programs like RAMBO, MADGRAPH, etc.
- Basic understanding of particle physics is required. Can be obtained during the work on the thesis
- Programming skills are required e.g. in Fortran, C/C++